Sangster News You Choose 6-1-23GovDelivery5 days 14 hours ago
Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.Upcoming Events
- June 9 - 6th Grade Promotion
- June 16 - Last Day of School
Sangster Health Room is reminding parents and guardians that all medication stored in the health room must be picked up no later than the student dismissal time on the last day of school. Medication left in the health room after that time will be discarded. It is school policy that medications must be picked up by the parent or guardian. Medication cannot be sent home with your student.
If your student has an Epipen in the health room that will expire November 1, 2023 or later, and you would like to donate the Epipen to someone in need, please email this form to the school health aide at [email protected]. Epipens left in the health room beyond dismissal time on the last day of school without a signed donation form cannot be donated and will be discarded.
If your student will be enrolled in a summer program sponsored by Fairfax County Public Schools, the existing medication authorization form(s) may be used for the summer program. Please let the health room know if you would like a copy of the form(s).
If you have any questions, please contact the school health aide, Amy Friedman at 703-644-8210 or [email protected], or your school public health nurse, Christine Lewis, RN at 571-460-9058.2022-2023 Yearbooks
The 2022 – 2023 Sangster Yearbooks have arrived!
A limited number of extra yearbooks will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis in the main office for $20. Checks need to be made out to Lifetouch. The sale will begin Monday, June 5th. There will be no holds. Sales will only take place in person at school. All purchased yearbooks will be distributed during the last week of school.
Questions? Please email Coretta Britt at [email protected].
We are making preparations for the 2023-2024 academic year!
Children who will be five (5) years old on or before September 30, 2023 are eligible to attend kindergarten next fall. If you have a child who will attend Sangster next school year for all grade levels, please complete this survey and return it to the school via email to: [email protected]
Read more about the registration process.
Please contact Jackie Fant, to withdraw your student for the 2023 – 2024 school year as well.
If you have any questions, email Jackie Fant - [email protected]Make Sure Your Child Is Up-to-Date on Vaccines
All students are required to be immunized against certain communicable diseases to attend school in Virginia. It is important for all students to receive the required immunizations.
Please talk with your family healthcare provider about whether or not your children are up to date on their vaccines before the new school year begins. Submit updated immunization records to your school as soon as possible. Get more information on immunization requirements and the necessary documentation.
Please send updated vaccination information to Jackie Fant - [email protected]
While there are no tickets for the ceremony, we ask that each student limit their guests to no more than three (3).
- Students will be directed to sit in the front rows of the gym, according to their homeroom teacher, and alphabetically. These seats will be labeled with teacher names. Parents will be asked to sit behind the students in a separate section. During the ceremony, students will be asked to stand and face the audience when their teacher announces their name, however, no certificates will be handed out at the ceremony. We will be giving out select band/strings/chorus awards.
- All 6th grade students will receive their packet of certificates on Friday, June 16th, the last day of school (along with their report cards). All certificate packets will be in the main office, should your child not be in school on the last day.
- Students will not be permitted to have their cell phones during the ceremony. Of course, there will be opportunities to take some photos at the end of the ceremony.
- Students are encouraged to dress-up for this ceremony. It is their big day after all!
Questions? Email Ms. Jankovich - [email protected]ST Math Summer Learning
In collaboration with the FCPS Family Resource Center, the Math Office is offering a free webinar on Thursday, June 8, 2023, from 7-8 p.m. This webinar is designed to provide families of students currently in grades K-6 with resources to continue their math learning over the summer utilizing ST Math. During this session participants will learn how to log on and navigate the tool, discuss how students can work more independently, and how families can support their students. If you are interested, please register for ST MathPositivity Project - Week of May 29, 2023
he Other People Mindset helps us to develop positive relationships with the people around us. People who have strong, positive relationships do five things consistently-
- Identify and appreciate the good in other people
- Know that your words and actions affect others
- Support others when they struggle
- Cheer on others’ successes
- Be present and give others your attention
People who live the Other People Mindset might be described as thoughtful, supportive, encouraging, and interested.
The site P2 For Families is available for connecting P2 to your home and you can learn more about the site here. Many of the slides are password protected and the password is P2 (case-sensitive).Get to Know FCPS and Resources Available
Being connected to your school community helps you stay informed and support your child’s success. Take some time to get familiar with the many resources and tools available to FCPS families, including:
- School Age Child Care (SACC) — This Fairfax County Government program provides a safe and fun environment before and after school for elementary school-age children.
- FCPS Communications for Families — FCPS shares news and information to support student learning and promote family involvement.
- Family Engagement Resources — FCPS works to connect, strengthen, and support our families, schools, and communities.
Family Liaisons — Family liaisons serve as a link between families and schools. Find out how family liaisons can support you and your family.
- Sangster's liasion is Stacey Huisman - [email protected]
There’s an easy to follow five-step process outlined for parents registering their children for kindergarten. Be sure to register your child ASAP!
For Military Families
There is a special FCPS Padlet for military families. Check out Military Families Padlet for a one stop location of resources.
FCPS Military Family Webinars
FCPS has a series of webinars covering frequent challenges of military families and how to support them at home through school transitions and more. FCPS Military Families Webinar
Are you moving soon? Is your family experiencing a deployment? Reach out to our Family Liaison for support with your upcoming move or supports for your student during deployment.
Stacy Huisman, Family Liaison - [email protected]
Parent Resource Center Name Change – Family Resource Center
FCPS’ Parent Resource Center has changed its name to the Family Resource Center (FRC). This change recognizes the diversity of families that the division serves, and “acknowledges families in a more inclusive way,” says Renee LaHuffman-Jackson, coordinator of Family and School Partnerships. “One of the goals of the FRC is to partner with any adult who plays a significant role in a student’s life. We know that these adults play a critical role.
Last year, the Family Resource Center served more than 7,500 families, school staff, and community members. Families can find printable resource guides and details about the center’s free lending library on FRC’s homepage. They may also sign up to receive the FRC newsletter for updates on webinars, resources, and other information.
If you have questions, please contact the FRC via email at [email protected] or call 703-204-3941.
It’s never too soon to be thinking about summer, especially summer camps. Check out this comprehensive list of summer camps for all students from the Family Resource Center.
News from the Sangster PTA
- Here Comes The Bus
- 2022-2023 Standard School Year Calendar
- FCPS Cares
- Lunch Menu
7420 Reservation Dr, Springfield, VA 22153 | Main Office: 703-644-8200