School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At A Glance
- Sangster Elementary School
- Region 4
- Allison Jankovich, Principal
English Language Arts
Ensure students are reading on grade level by the end of 3rd Grade.
By June 2024, the percentage of Grade 1 - 3 students reading on grade level as measured by the iReady assessment will increase from 88% to 93%.
- Expand access to evidence-based tier 1 instruction as well as intervention for students demonstrating risk in a multi-tiered system of supports.
- Expand use of skills-based grouping to ensure students demonstrate mastery of foundational skills.
- Increase intentional use of scaffolds, supports and extensions in whole group settings (word recognition, language comprehension and writing).
Growth and performance on state/national/international assessments in math.
By the end of the 2023-2024 school year, 100% of students enrolled in advanced math will pass their end of course SOL.
- Improve teachers’ implementation of Framework for Engaging & Student-Centered Mathematics Instruction.
- Increase teachers implementation strategies related to shifting from looking for correct answers towards revealing student thinking.
- Use conversation structures to increase academic talk between students.
Academic Growth and Excellence
Growth with evidence in at least one/two self-identified Portrait of a Graduate skills, annually
By June 2024, 100% of students in Grade 5 and 6 will make progress by scoring proficient or advanced on a Sangster-adapted Portrait of a Graduate rubric in the communicator and critical thinker attributes.
- Expand opportunities for students to regularly learn about, apply, and reflect on POG skills aligned with course content.
- All teachers will receive POG magnets and POG learning target resources.
- Use conversation structures to increase academic talk between students