October Updates: First Grade
This month, the annual first grade Apple Festival will be taking place the week of October 18th! Your child’s teacher and Room Parents will be contacting you with the date and time of the event. You will also have the opportunity to donate supplies or volunteer at the event. It is always a wonderful day for our students!
We will also be heading to Cox Farms for a first grade field trip on October 6. We will be participating in a variety of fall activities, including picking a pumpkin! Please return the permission slip along with $18 in your child’s communication folder. You will also have the opportunity to be a chaperone. If you are interested, please return the chaperone slip attached to the permission slip. Do not send in chaperone money until we contact you.
Remember: Per school policy, please sign up to send in a birthday treat for your child. Other options aside from food include a small party favor (pencil, eraser) or extra recess in honor of your child. Please send all birthday treats to the office.
Please check with your child’s teacher to inquire about volunteer opportunities. We are always in need of extra help in art, library, and computer lab.
Important October Dates
- Monday, October 3 – Volunteer Orientation at 9:20 am in the Sangster Cafeteria
- Tuesday, October 4 – Fall Picture Day
- Thursday, October 6 – First Grade Field Trip to Cox Farms
- Thursday, October 6 – PTA Meeting at 7:00 pm in the Sangster Library
- Friday, October 7 – School Planning Day/Student Holiday
- Monday, October 10 – Columbus Day Holiday
- Friday, October 14 – Field Day (More details soon Ms. Newton and Ms. Tuebner, our PE teachers. They will need volunteers!)
- Week of Tuesday, October 18 – First Grade Apple Festival, 2:00-3:45 in your child’s classroom and the A-pod.