June Monthly Updates: Fourth Grade
June Newsletter for Fourth Grade
During June students are working on a variety of activities and projects with their classroom teachers. Each teacher is instructing on the final content of the fourth-grade curriculums and providing opportunities for students to showcase their learning. Please check with your student on the activities and learning he/she is participating in.
Virginia History has been the focus of our 4th grade social studies so we thought we would suggest a few sites/attractions to visit this summer:
- Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia. Visit this historic town, the site of John Brown’s Revolt against slavery.
- Great Falls, Virginia. See the Fall Line and the Potomac River up close.
- Gunston Hall. Visit the home of George Mason, whose writings ensured our rights in the Bill of Rights.
- Montpelier. Visit the home of James Madison, “the Great Compromiser” who made sure the Constitution was created.
- Mount Vernon. Home to “the Father of Country”, George Washington.
- Kings Dominion Amusement Park. Contribute to tourism which is an important part of our economy.
- Virginia Beach. See the flat land of the Coastal Plain region and the Atlantic Ocean up close.
- Yorktown. Visit the site of the last battle of the Revolutionary War
- Bull Run Battlefield. Visit the grounds where Thomas Jackson earned his nickname, “Stonewall”.
- Monticello. Home to our third president, Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of Independence.
Dates to Remember
- June 6 PTA meeting
- June 7 4th Grade End of Year Party
- June 13 Last day of school 3 hour early release! Report cards go home with students
- June 14 Flag Day
- June 16 Father’s Day