Reading: Comprehension Skill Focus:
- Finishing unit about Character traits.
- Beginning non-fiction unit and asking:
- What can help me understand non-fiction texts? (Charts, pictures, captions)
- What questions do charts and graphs answer?
Language: Oral Language Focus:
- Sharing Turkey projects
- Following directions
- Hearing the long vowel patterns in words
Math: Number Concepts:
- Place Value, Addition and subtraction, and word problems
- DREAMBOX CHALLENGE – Keep up the lessons!
Word Study: Word Study Skills:
- Review of Vowels and Consonants
- Focus on short vowel pattern
Writing: Writing Focus:
- Continue “Writer’s workshop”
- Understand stories have a problem and a solution within their beginning, middle, and end.
Science: Monarch Milkweed & Mexico:
- Finish with seasons, habitats, and life cycles.
Social Studies:Geography and showing where the American Indians lived.
- U.S. and World Geography
- Thanksgiving Lunch: Friday, Nov.22nd we will have our family Thanksgiving in the cafeteria.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday the children must bring a bag lunch from home and we will have guest readers while the children eat in the classroom.
- American Indian Museum Fieldtrip Nov. 8th
- Sangster Book Fair – Nov. 18th – 23rd
- Progress Reports go home Nov. 14th
- Nov. 19th family book fair night
- Thanksgiving Lunches - Nov. 19th – 22nd
- Thanksgiving Break: Nov. 27th – 29th
Positivity Project Post:
- Check this spot each month for an update on our “Positivity Project”. We’ll be posting our monthly focus and showing our positivity in action! Stay tuned!
November Focus and Character Strengths:
- Creativity, Bravery and Gratitude also
- Knowing my words & actions affect others
This Month's Featured App- Scholastic News